What's New at SIU Parking Division Main Content
Parking on campus can seem a bit overwhelming. Here you can familiarize yourself with campus parking guidelines, obtain a parking decal, and find a lot to park in.
To help ease confusion, several changes were made to parking lot designations and the parking rules and regulations during the 2015-2016 academic year. Some changes may have been easy to recognize by SIU faculty, staff and students, but others may be more subtle. More improvements to parking lots and road conditions around campus are expected for the 2016-2017 year. Here is a partial list of changes that may affect your day-to-day parking and campus travels:
- East of the Student Center, in the area formally known as McAndrew Stadium, the lot was extended and is now named, “Lot 11.” This lot is open to all RED DECAL holders. Blue decals may still park in this lot.
- The changes to Lot 11 made way for resurfacing and reconfiguration of Lot 13 as well as changes to other lots. The parking lot west of Travel Service (Lot 13A) was changed to an ALL BLUE DECAL parking lot. East of the Student Services Building, Lots 10A and 10B have been combined into one parking lot and designated as “Lot 10.” This parking lot is now available only to BLUE DECALS.
- Commuter students will no longer be allowed to park in Lot 45 located south of the Recreation Center. To eliminate confusion, the entire lot has been changed to ALL GREEN DECALS..
- The cost to obtain a duplicate decal is now $15.00.
- The cost of a one-day guest permit will be $4.00.
- New lot signs have been installed in every parking lot to increase readability and ease confusion about who can park in the designated area.
- Parking Lot 5 is now an ALL pay station parking lot. Those who park in this lot will be required to pay a minimum of $1.00 for 2 hours.
Parking rules and regulations and an updated map of lot locations can be found on the parking website.