- Just visiting? Click here
- Do you study and/or work on campus? You are not a visitor - please leave the Visitors Only spots for visitors (and that is not you)
- Have a valid parking decal? Is it after 4pm? You may park just about anywhere on campus. Exceptions:
- Visitors Only spaces are for visitors, only
- 24-hour Reserved Spaces are reserved, 24 hours a day
- Handicap spaces are only for cars with Handicap permits
- Parking decals go on the rear left of the vehicle (bumper or window)
- Vehicles must be parked head in, so the decal on the left rear can be seen
- If you get a ticket you have five days to appeal
- If you get a ticket you can pay online
- If your vehicle becomes disabled on campus or you think it has been towed, call SIU Police at (618) 453-3771
Where are the lots?
We have maps
You may also come to Parking Division to get an analogue map (i.e. on paper).
No Debit Dawg Payments?
Beginning January 1, 2015, Debit Dawg services will not be available for parking related payments. Upgrades in technology by the Department of Public Safety are currently being undertaken to rectify the issues with the Debit Dawg system. Notification will be posted when the Debit Dawg system is again functional.
The Department of Public Safety apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
Skates and Skateboards
- Stay on campus sidewalks and bicycle pathways
- Do not skate on the streets
- Obey traffic signs and signals
- Yield to pedestrian and bicycle traffic
- Walk where signs say to "Walk Bikes"
- Walk through areas of high pedestrian and/or bicycle traffic
- Do not skate in buildings, building entrances, or the steps, handrails, or wheelchair ramps of buildings
Fifteen-minute loading/unloading zones are available throughout campus for visitors, guests and affiliated individuals with a gold, blue or red commuter decal. Affiliated individuals with a green overnight east/west or a yellow parking decal may only use these designated spaces from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. daily. Affiliated individuals who have not purchased parking privileges or who are otherwise ineligible to buy parking privileges may not park anytime on campus.