- Just visiting? See Visitor Parking
- Do you study and/or work on campus? You are not a visitor - please leave the Visitors Only spots for visitors (and that is not you)
- Have a valid parking decal? Is it after 4pm? You may park just about anywhere on campus. Exceptions:
- Visitors Only spaces are for visitors, only
- 24-hour Reserved Spaces are reserved, 24 hours a day
- Handicap spaces are only for cars with Handicap permits
- Parking decals go on the rear left of the vehicle (bumper or window)
- Vehicles must be parked head in, so the decal on the left rear can be seen
- If you get a ticket you have five days to appeal
- If you get a ticket you can pay online
- If your vehicle becomes disabled on campus or you think it has been towed, call SIU Police at (618) 453-3771
Where are the lots?
We have maps
You may also come to Parking Division to get an analog map (i.e. on paper).
Fifteen-minute loading/unloading zones are available throughout campus for visitors, guests and affiliated individuals with a gold, blue or red commuter decal. Affiliated individuals with a green overnight east/west or a yellow parking decal may only use these designated spaces from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. daily. Affiliated individuals who have not purchased parking privileges or who are otherwise ineligible to buy parking privileges may not park anytime on campus.
Skates and Skateboards
- Stay on campus sidewalks and bicycle pathways
- Do not skate on the streets
- Obey traffic signs and signals
- Yield to pedestrian and bicycle traffic
- Walk where signs say to "Walk Bikes"
- Walk through areas of high pedestrian and/or bicycle traffic
- Do not skate in buildings, building entrances, or the steps, handrails, or wheelchair ramps of buildings